Live from the heart. If you live with your awareness centered in the chest instead of in the head, you will feel whole. If your state of being is whole, then everything else unfolds with ease. – Udo Erasmus
How much of a positive impact can you create in the world by first improving your own physical health, emotional wellbeing, and wellness state of mind?
—> Join the Wellness Warrior VIP Club: get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**
—> Get The Morning 21: A powerful (and free) system designed to give you more energy, let go of old weight, and live life well.
In Wellness Force Radio episode 272, Founder of Udo’s Choice and Author of Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill and The Book on Total Sexy Health, Udo Erasmus, discusses how the wrong mindset led him down a path of healing and helping others, how to achieve a greater state of wellness in the mind, and why love is the superlative state of being.
Discover how you can reconnect with your inner source by disconnecting from the outside world and remember who you are at your core
Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
Healing fats are among the necessary nutrients needed to prevent and reverse degenerative disease, heart disease, cancer, and Type 2 diabetes. They can also help reverse arthritis, obesity, PMS, allergies, asthma, fatigue, skin conditions, and yeast and fungal infections. At the same time, more health problems come from damaged oils than any other part of nutrition.
Udo Erasmus exposes the manufacturing processes that turn healing fats into killing fats, explains the effects of these damaged fats on human health, and discloses the knowledge you need to avoid the damaged ones and choose health-promoting oils. He also explores the therapeutic potential of flax, hemp, olive, fish, evening primrose, borage, and black currant.
“Peace is the deepest state of being and out of that comes love. On that level, love is the superlative state of being because love is all about giving.” – Udo Erasmus
Listen To Episode 272 As Udo Erasmus Uncovers:
- Why he chose to take a job spraying pesticides and how that came back to haunt him by poisoning him.
- The revelation he had on his wellness journey that health is our own responsibility.
- The incredible amount of damage that happens to oils when they are processed which then leads to poisoning the human body.
- How he naturally cured his body of the pesticides’ poisons by fasting, moving, taking supplements, and paying attention to his nutrition.
- His North Star for staying true to himself and being present in real-life relationships.
- The message of his brand to help people find health from within and be content with their lives.
- The revelation his sister had about how people feel about death while visiting a hospice center.
- Why feelings of heartache, sorrow, and sadness are a reminder of the disconnection we have with ourselves.
- Why heartache is actually a gift, a reminder of being alive, and the starting part of feeling real joy.
- How we can embrace and love our fear, sadness, and anxiety in the same way that we love the people closet to us.
- How his mission shifted to focusing more on wellbeing than just oils after 9/11.
- The 8 steps designed by nature to lead you to wholeness.
- The importance of simply being honest if you don’t know something instead of lying and saying or acting like you do know the answer.
- The biggest struggle for him in growing the Udo’s Oil brand and his plans for the future.
- Why omega 3 and omega 6 oils are so essential for the human body and what happens when the body doesn’t receive enough of them.
- The most common myths and misconceptions out there about natural oils.
- Why mistreating oils and using them to fry our foods is the worst thing we could ever possibly be doing to them.
- How you can heal the damage done by unhealthy products and foods.
- The benefits of sweating via saunas and exercising to detoxify the body for better health.
Power Quotes From The Show
“When you’re fully present in the space that you occupy and you’re not lost in your thoughts, it feels so good to be alive.” – Udo Erasmus
“While we’re here on this planet, knowing that it’s temporary, why don’t we push to thrive rather than just try escaping from the pain by chasing carrots? We were made to thrive.” – Udo Erasmus
“Peace is the deepest state of being and out of that comes love. On that level, love is the superlative state of being because love is all about giving. Giving doesn’t happen until we feel full or more than full with love. When that feeling happens, there’s nothing else to do but to give and help others.” – Udo Erasmus
“Oils are the most sensitive of all of our nutrients so they should receive the most care including protection from light, oxygen, and heat. Unfortunately, we’re mostly giving them the least amount of care. We’re just throwing them into a frying pan and turning them into smoke. When we burn the oils, they burn us. When we fry the oils, they fry our health. They’re vindictive and treat us like we treat them.” – Udo Erasmus
“How can food not be medicine? Your entire body is made out of light, oxygen, water, and nutrients. Nothing else. According to nature, drugs are not part of making human body’s that already work. No one has ever had a drug deficiency. We throw drugs at problems to suppress symptoms but that is not fixing the cause. We can fix the cause by coming back aligned with nature. People aren’t well, they’re either out of line with their awareness, life energy, inspiration, movement, relationships, or the big picture.” – Udo Erasmus
Links From Today’s Show
- WFR 265 Jennifer Sodini
- WITMA Live
- Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill by Udo Erasmus
- Man awarded $80M in lawsuit claiming Monsanto’s Roundup causes cancer
- Abraham Maslow
- Joseph Campbell
- Finding Joe
- What is Health? The 8 Key Parts
- The Book on Total Sexy Health by Udo Erasmus
- WFR 055 Gay & Katie Hendricks
- WFR 070 Tony Federico
- WFR 121 Dr. David Minkoff
- WFR 191 Mary Shores
- WFR 205 Wendy Myers
- WFR 231 Dr. Michelle Perro
- WFR 237 Zen Honeycutt
- Udo’s Choice
- Udo Erasmus
About Udo Erasmus
Udo Erasmus is a nutritionist, lecturer, and writer specializing in fats, oils, cholesterol, and essential fatty acids. He was born in Poland during the Second World War to parents from Latvia and Estonia. His family emigrated to Canada when he was ten years old. He began his university studies at the age of sixteen and gained a B.Sc. in Zoology with a major in Psychology. This was followed by graduate studies in Biochemistry and Genetics at the University of British Columbia.
In 1980, Erasmus was poisoned by pesticides, and, as a result of the experience, began to research the relationship between nutrition and health. He gave special attention to the effects of fats and oils on human health. Erasmus had become intrigued by the fact that Eskimos consumed largely fats, such as whale blubber, yet remained relatively healthy well into later life. In his research he discovered what he considered “healthy fats”, that is fats which were beneficial rather than harmful to health. His thesis for his Ph.D. in nutrition was published with the title Fats and Oils in 1986. It was revised and expanded under the new name, Fats That Heal Fats That Kill (1993).
Udo Erasmus has partnered with natural foods company Flora Inc., of Lynden, Washington, and Burnaby, British Columbia to produce the essential fatty acid blend called Udo’s Choice Oil Blend as well as a line of probiotics and nutritional supplements.