Healing isn’t so much about gaining something outside of yourself, it’s letting go of all that isn’t the deep down, divine you. – Dr. Brenda Walding
Can the process of healing pain actually be a powerful teacher for your spiritual growth, inner work, and wellness journey?
—> Join the Wellness Warrior VIP Club: get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**
—> Get The Morning 21: A powerful (and free) system designed to give you more energy, let go of old weight, and live life well.
On Wellness Force Radio episode 253, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, HeartMath Certified Coach, and Author of Sick of Being Sick, Dr. Brenda Walding, reveals how you can let nature nurture you whenever you need to connect with yourself, how oregano oil helped heal her infection when antibiotics couldn’t, and what she did to embrace her feminine identity while she had breast cancer; especially after her mastectomy.
Follow along as Brenda shares her mission to serve women by helping them heal, thrive, and create more harmony in their lives.
Sick Of Being Sick
The Woman’s Holistic Guide to Conquering Chronic Illness
Chronic illness – whether you are dealing with cancer, autoimmune disease, or a slew of mysterious symptoms – cuts to the core of a woman’s being. You may feel like you are drowning in a sea of pills, treatments, programs, diets, and debt that never quite gets you the results you crave. You would do anything – if you knew what to do and who to listen to.
Wellness expert Dr. Brenda Walding spent the last decade navigating debilitating chronic illness (including breast cancer) and came to understand the crucial components required for true healing and thriving. Now it is her mission to help other women learn how to tap into their innate healing power and finally begin living the lives they crave – lives full of well-being, happiness, connection, peace, and joy.
In Sick of Being Sick you will:
- Learn to implement the 9 Essentials of Dr. Walding’s Whole-Hearted Healing approach
- Access powerful tools, tips, lifestyle factors, and daily practices that are essential for radiant health
- Create a self-care action plan
- Understand how to overcome overwhelm and fear to make decisions for your highest good
- Become aware of subtle, but dangerous, blind spots that may be massively sabotaging your healing efforts
- Understand how chronic illness can be a stepping stone to an extraordinary life (instead of a stumbling block)
This heartfelt healing manifesto provides a comprehensive roadmap to empower and support you as you navigate your healing path. If you’re ready to begin your journey to wellness, Sick of Being Sick will be your portal of transformation and opportunity to bring you back to your heart and to experience the health and wholeness you desire.
“Embracing your feminine side is not a weakness; it’s just a different way for women to express themselves. As women, we can be powerful in a feminine way.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
Sick of Being Sick – Dr. Brenda Walding
Listen To Episode 253 As Dr. Brenda Walding Uncovers:
- Why she chose to not go down the traditional path of chemotherapy and radiation to heal her breast cancer but decided to try natural medicine instead.
- The importance of being in a good environment in order to heal the body, mind, and soul.
- Benefits of forest bathing and essential oils to help improve your health and mindset.
- What it was like to grow up with her father being in the military, need the emotional support that she lacked, and have the inner struggles she faced while trying to achieve a full life.
- How women can be more aware of and honor their natural feminine self.
- The story of how her illness came about soon after her marriage began and what signs she noticed as her health declined.
- The book, The Cure Is in The Cupboard, by Dr. Cass Ingram and how it transformed her life and introduced her to holistic health and natural medicine.
- How her question of faith was tested when she found out she had breast cancer.
- Her spiritual connection and how it has shifted as she healed.
- How pain can be a powerful teacher and what it taught her while she had cancer.
- Whether cancer is solely caused by our genetics and outside factors or if it’s something our spirits bring to us to forge greater growth.
- The alchemy of surrender and how she finally let go after her mastectomy.
- The exploration of fully embodying a feeling and why it’s normal to be afraid of being stuck.
- Why our emotions are so important in order to help us embrace this full human experience.
- Steps to give yourself permission to feel your physical energy and emotions.
- The constant idea of perfection that we face as a society and how stillness and inner work can help combat it.
- Why loneliness is such an epidemic that’s adding to the stress, anxiety, and fear in our lives.
- How to find a true, deep connection with other people in your life.
- How to set up your morning practice to connect with yourself and the world around you for better wellness.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Emotions are energy in motion. They’re meant to be fluid so that when we embrace and feel them, they move through us. They don’t get stuck unless we don’t allow ourselves to feel them.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
“A lot of my healing process focused on embracing the feminine energy by dropping into my heart and feeling my feelings. Instead of being this charging athlete, I turned towards learning how to flow and dance with music. That started to wake up this creative, feminine energy within me that I had not known before. It felt so good to begin to be aware of my feminine power. There is power in this feminine way of being and it’s not a weakness; it’s just a different way for women to express themselves. As women, we’re not meant to express ourselves and be powerful in a masculine way; we can be powerful in a feminine way.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
“I had this sense that I was ill because there was something wrong with me or I wasn’t worthy of God’s love but the more I read and did the inner work, I realized something. The God that is love does not punish or create disease and that fundamental belief that somehow I deserve to be punished was blocking my healing. So, switching to thinking about how this power that created me, the cosmos, these beautiful sunsets, and this extraordinary world is also within me helped me to become more open to experiencing and receiving this healing.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
“If we can begin to open or shift our perception that disease is potentially this divine opportunity and this catalyst for radical growth and transformation, we can really go in and remove all that isn’t us and awaken to the truth of who we really are.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
“We all have this deep desire to live our best life and feel peace, happiness, purpose, passion, and connection but the only way to experience our optimal life is to feel. Part of the human experience is this symphony of emotions from happiness and joy to sadness and anger. Embracing all of these contrasting emotions is what it means to be human. So, give yourself permission to feel those feelings. Feel each feeling and love what you feel. No matter what it is, love that feeling.” – Dr. Brenda Walding
Links From Today’s Show
- Dr. Brenda Walding
- Sick of Being Sick by Dr. Brenda Walding
- The Anti-Inflammatory Diet Guide by Dr. Chad Walding and Dr. Brenda Walding
- Well Being Journal
- Doctor’s Guide to Wild Oregano Oil – 101 Uses – Cass Ingram
- The Cure Is In The Cupboard by Dr. Cass Ingram
- Marianne Williamson
- Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K. Truman
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- WFR 211 Dr. Chad Walding
- WFR 226 Paul Chek