We do have power and we do have a choice but I think we underestimate the power that we have. It saddens me that many people just go about their business every day without considering the impact of their choices. Even though I’m 100% plant-based, I’ve never taken the position of telling a person what they should or shouldn’t do but I do want people to know about the miracle of plants and superfoods; just for them to eat more and better nutritious foods. If you can grow your own, find your own, or support companies by really voting with your money, that’s a good thing. – Darin Olien
How can the power of your wallet make a dramatic shift in the way the world sees, produces, and consumes food?
20% OFF ORGANIFI – USE CODE: WELLNESSFORCE
In Wellness Force Radio episode 234, Superfood Hunter, Founder of SuperLife, and Author of , Darin Olien, will walk you through several easy steps you can take towards behavior change and living for optimal health; the key to allowing natural detoxification through nutritious foods to become a part of your lifestyle; and why our food allergies and sensitivities, especially in children, have been increasing in recent years.
Discover how the superfood, Barùkas nut, of the Baru fruit from the Brazilian Cerrado (pronounced ‘sahadu’) can improve your health, help others, and leave behind a smaller water footprint.
“It’s actually more economical for you to be biting into a Barùkas nut and getting all those superfood nutrients for your money than what you’re paying for an almond.”- @SuperLifeLiving on @wellnessforce Radio episode 234 wellnessforce.com/234
SuperLife’s Barùkas Nuts
Barùkas are the healthiest nuts on the planet; literally a mini-cocktail of hard to find micronutrients and vegan protein. A single handful packs your daily fiber requirement, and it’s simply amazing how many healthy micronutrients are in each bite. But they’re not just good for you, they’re good for the world. Barùkas represent an amazing opportunity to reforest our planet and sustain indigenous communities on their land. The trees that give these nuts are called Baruzeira. They are found in the Amazonian savanna biome called the Cerrado (pronounced sahadu), which covers an area 3 times the size of Texas. It’s one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Unfortunately, this immense biodiversity is already being deforested to make way for cattle ranching. The growth of Barùkas can help put an end to the deforestation and preserve the original flora. Not only that, it will allow indigenous people to make a sustainable living off the land. It’s truly a win all around. For your health, the health of the planet, and the health of the world community. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Supports the Superfood Conservancy, which is on a mission to support small farmers, get quality superfoods to market, and protect endangered ecosystems where superfoods grow around the world.
Listen To Episode 234 As Darin Olien Uncovers:
- The bio-accumulation of heavy metals and electronic magnetic fields that are in our environment, food, and even ourselves.
- How he came to be a Superfood Hunter not because he wanted to but because he felt like it was his mission to take on that role.
- Why it’s important to test ourselves and foods to see if there are heavy metals.
- The actual process he goes through to research and test a product or a food to find out the nutrition content.
- How he came to find the Barùkas nut of the Baru fruit from the Brazilian Cerrado.
- All of the nutrition including amino acids and protein that can be found in the Barùkas nut.
- Their goal to plant 21 million trees in the Cerrado to keep it from being destroyed and help the indigenous people keep their homes and culture alive.
- His thoughts on views on companies creating and selling genetically modified products.
- What impact we could have on the planet if we didn’t eat meat two days out of the entire week.
- What steps you can take to join him and his mission for aiding Cerrado and bringing Barùkas nuts to more people.
- The unique taste of Barùkas nuts and why kids love them so much.
- How their relationship and his father’s behavior and addiction led him to follow this mission to live the best life that he possibly could.
- The various health struggles he has faced since birth and how he has been able to overcome them through a shift in his mentality.
- What motivates him and drives his passion to help people achieve optimal health.
- The community of people he knows and those online who believe in what he’s doing.
- How he connects his spiritual self to his business and higher purpose.
- His experience with Ayahuasca during a plant ceremony and what the plant told him to do.
- The morning preparation ritual he follows every day and how that sets him up for each day.
- How his father’s death was his wake-up call to go down a different path towards improving the earth for the world.
- Comparing Barùkas nuts to other nuts like almonds as far as sustainability and a water footprint.
- How to live your life and by your beliefs without judging other people for theirs.
Power Quotes From The Show
“We do have a choice but I think we underestimate the power that we have. When it comes to eating healthy, if you can grow your own, find your own, or vote with our wallet that’s a good thing.”- @SuperLifeLiving on @wellnessforce Radio episode 234 wellnessforce.com/234
“Every time your body is trying to stay in homeostasis and equilibrium, it’s essentially taking in nutrients or also trying to detox something. On one respect, the body is doing everything it can to stay in that balance but if you’re being exposed to something over time and you don’t know it and you keep eating your regular food that has a heavy metal which no one has ever tested, then all of a sudden you’ll start to question, ‘Why I do forget things?’, ‘Why am I sluggish?’,’Why is my thyroid off?’ and the list goes on ten and twenty years down the line.” – Darin Olien
“Then long-term longevity studies, researchers on the blue zones, and centurions know without a doubt that the research is in: believing in a higher power and having faith in something outside of yourself is good for your health. However, you have to stop the judgment; to believe in something but to then judge others for having a different belief is not helping. Get rid of the judgment, leave it alone, and live your life.” – Darin Olien
“We have to get outside, take off our shoes, and expose our skin to the sun without chemicals for periods of time. Don’t be afraid of some of the great natural grounding vibratory aspects of the planet that help regulate and guide our inner systems. Just get back into the primal aspects of being exposed to the sunlight, feel the cold weather, or touch the real earth with your feet.” – Darin Olien
Links From Today’s Show
- Darin Olien
- Excursions with SuperLife
- SuperLife Superfood Conservancy
- Barùkas® Trail Mix | The New Superfood on Kickstarter
- Darin Olien: A Superfood Hunter On Peak Nutrition & Next Level Hydration
- The Indiana Jones Of Superfoods: Stem Cells, Air-To-Water Machines, Coffeefruit & More With Darin Olien
- VARIDESK Sit-to-Stand Desks
- The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown
- Dr. Michael J. Balick
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
- The Morning 21
- WFR 055 Gay & Katie Hendricks
- WFR 061 Damon Gameau
- WFR 067 Dr. Jade Teta
- WFR 121 Dr. David Minkoff
- WFR 179 Josh Tickell
- WFR 192 Jason Prall
- WFR 196 Aubrey Marcus
- WFR 203 Brian Mackenzie
- WFR 226 Paul Chek
About Darin Olien
It’s then that he began to pursue a healthier lifestyle and deeper understanding of how hydration, nutrition, and exercise can truly impact the human body. Darin changed his major, studying Exercise Physiology and Nutrition. He now holds a Bachelor degree in this field as well as a Masters in Psychology. Today Darin is widely recognized as an authority and valuable resource on plant-based
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what’s up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don’t miss next week’s show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That’s what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you’d like to have to get more wellness in your life.