There’s a lot of scientific proof that image matters and that it can actually help you tap into your confidence. As a therapist, I used to believe that you really have to do the work from the inside out in order to get results. I’ve now found that sometimes and in most cases, you have to work from the outside in to be able to really achieve a difference in the way that you create new habits. People get stuck in a loop, analysis paralysis, and are trapped in their heads until they are pushed to the next level. When my clients see themselves in the mirror in a new look, their body language shifts, they seem more confident, and that energy is perceived from the inside. – Kim Seltzer
Can something as simple as trying out a new style really make you feel happier, confident, and more fulfilled?
20% OFF ORGANIFI – USE CODE: WELLNESSFORCE
On Wellness Force Radio episode 224, Co-Host and Lead Love Expert for The Great Love Debate Podcast, Dating and Makeover Expert, and host of The Charisma Quotient Podcast, Kim Seltzer, reveals the scientific proof that image really does matter, how a makeover boosts your confidence, and how to get of paralysis analysis.
Find out how the 3 Cs – Cut, Color, Confidence in Clothes can help people get to know the real and best version of you.
“Style is the ability to present oneself in a congruent way that creates a comprehensive picture which reflects the best you. It’s not about changing who you are; it’s about marketing yourself so that people get to know who you are.” -@SeltzerKimberly http://bit.ly/wfpodcast
Are you ready for a change?
I am committed to helping my clients feel inspired, empowered and alive while going through a light-hearted and fun experience of complete transformation from the inside out. It’s not just about the clothes you wear or the makeup you apply. It’s about your body, your mind, and your spirit.
I utilize specialized training in image consulting and therapy to provide a unique approach to help you reach your full potential. Through the use of tools such as wardrobe redesign, hair styling, cosmetic application, skin care and coaching exercises, we create an amazing image that will positively reflect who you are and what you want to project. Every makeover is customized to fit your lifestyle, career, personality, and social activities.
Confidence in your appearance changes the way you are perceived by others. But in order for that change to last, you need to examine how you perceive yourself. What makes me different is that I use both styling and therapeutic techniques to elicit change. I am committed to giving you a feeling of instant gratification with lasting effects. I’m dedicated to teaching you the secrets of good style, boosting your self-confidence, raising self-esteem to a new high and helping you to be empowered to get what you want in your personal and professional life.
Listen To Episode 224 As Kim Seltzer Uncovers:
- Why no one is born with charisma and what makes you likable and approachable.
- Her divorce and the experience of moving from Chicago to California to go through her own transformation and start a new life.
- How trying on some new clothes allowed her to see her true self after it had been hiding for so long.
- What helped her not to give up on herself and led her to a new life.
- How to begin doing the inner trust work in order to be able to trust other people.
- Why she lost confidence in herself and how she gained it back.
- Why we’re all confident in some aspects but not in others and how to change that.
- The helicopter parenting epidemic and how that approach isn’t helping children become confident in themselves nor trust others.
- How to weed through relationships that you should let go vs. hold onto.
- Why people do truly care about you and your feelings.
- Her certification as a Style Coach and how style comes into play with self-confidence.
- Why you don’t have to spend a ton of money on changing your style but can start small instead.
- Style vs Practicality – How to choose good quality clothes according to your body type, lifestyle and that will boost your confidence.
- The 3 Cs – Cut, Color, Confidence in Clothes
- The 3 body types for men and 5 body types for women
- Scientific proof that wearing red actually does attract men and how wearing blue makes men more attractive to women.
- Why changing your style is a way for people to get to know WHO you are.
- How we have good intentions and we think we know who we are but sometimes we don’t really know ourselves at our core.
- What she’s focusing on now to build her emotional intelligence.
- How her physical intelligence has transformed over the years and how she’s learned to slow down and be more present.
Power Quotes From The Show
“My clients didn’t want to find their soulmates. They really wanted to work on themselves, be happier, and feel more fulfilled. The moment they stopped focusing on finding a man and focused on themselves, that’s when the magic happened.” -@SeltzerKimberly http://bit.ly/wfpodcast
“I stumbled a lot and made a ton of mistakes but I continued on and that’s what made me stronger. How did I keep going with my life? The bottom line is that we all have choices. I could’ve stayed stuck and in victim mode but I decided to go on a different path and use my adversity as gifts to keep going. Not only did that choice help me but it has allowed me to help others as well.” – Kim Seltzer
“I didn’t lose my trust in men but I lost my confidence in myself and there’s a difference between the two. Confidence is experience and exposure. There is not a single person out there who’s not confidence because there’s one area in everyone’s life where they feel confident. The divorce shot my confidence because I had very little confidence with dating as an older woman and single woman. However, I never lost the trust because that was something I was able to confide in to be able to still trust both myself and men.” – Kim Seltzer
“When trust is broken, a wall goes up. You don’t have to take all your armor off but you could put a sword or shield down. It’s healthy to keep some armor on but you have to allow people to see you, feel you, and share your thoughts. The good people who are healthy and right for you will want to hear you, share with you, confide with you and that cultivates the trust. The people who are dysfunctional and not right for you, they won’t want to have anything to do with your thoughts or feelings and that’s a great way to weed people out of your life.” – Kim Seltzer
Links From Today’s Show
- Kim Seltzer
- The Charisma Quotient Services
- The Charisma Quotient Podcast
- The Great Love Debate Podcast
- What Is Your Charisma Quotient?
- Best Dating Coaches Five Dating Coaches Who Could Help Even The Sorriest Nerd Get A Date
- Kimberly Seltzer’s articles in Huffington Post
- Dating After Divorce: The Dos and Don’ts For Attracting A Man
- 4 Narcissist Busters From The Minute You Say Hello
- Dating After Divorce: When To Introduce The Children
- Back To Basics: Regaining The Charm After Divorce
- WFR 086 Mark Divine
- WFR 055 Gay Hendricks
About Kim Seltzer
With a vat of knowledge and experience as a therapist, certified style coach, dating coach, and matchmaker, Kim Seltzer has helped hundreds of people find lasting love and connection and build valuable relationships using her unique “confidence makeover” process. Using an outside-in approach, Kim has changed hundreds of lives by changing their style, emotional and social intelligence using her signature formula, “The Charisma Quotient,” working on body language, first impressions, image and messaging and how it impacts attraction.
This Los Angeles-based expert travels the country helping people discover confidence, charisma, and connection as a speaker at National Matchmaking Conferences, eHarmony, Neutrogena, and iDate, as well as her own annual conference series for men and women, The Makeover Blueprint. Kim is also a regular contributor to the Huffington Post andDigitalRomance.com, with appearances in Cosmopolitan, Redbook, Reader’s Digest, AskMen, Fox News Magazine, Yahoo Shine and the Washington Examiner, among a myriad of other publications.
You can also find Kim as a frequent co-host on the podcasts The Jordan Harbinger Show with Jordan Harbinger, as well as past episodes on the traveling, live dating show The GreatLove Debate, and in her new cable reality dating show, The Romance. You can also listen to her now on her own podcast, The Charisma Quotient.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what’s up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don’t miss next week’s show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That’s what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you’d like to have to get more wellness in your life.