Functional Soft Tissue is a concept to help evaluate, treat, and stabilize soft tissue injuries through several different pathways: provocation, motion, resistance, functional positions or activities and proprioception. All of these pathways are neurological bombardments of the central nervous system which lead to the ultimate Control-Alt-Delete and reset of all of those tissues to allow for proper neurological function. – Dr. Greg Doerr
20% OFF ORGANIFI – USE CODE: WELLNESSFORCE
However, there is, in fact, many beneficial uses of taping to help you move better and heal faster.
In Wellness Force Radio 168, chiropractic, lecturer, owner of Bergen Chiropractic and Sports Rehabilitation Center, and developer of Functional Soft Tissue, FTMI and FAKTR, Dr. Greg Doerr uncovers the truth behind how taping helps as long as you follow the “if this, then that” methodology that was taught to him by Dr. Tim Brown.
Tune in and learn the many benefits of taping for the human body including:
- Postural Correction
- Improvement of Instabilities
- Neuro Resetting
Discover The Functional Soft Tissue Method
Functional Soft Tissue is a resource to train clinicians to evaluate and treat motion. We offer an extensive video library with two HD video collections ? Soft Tissue and Taping.
Functional Soft Tissue featuring Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR) with Gregory H. Doerr, DC, CCSP is a 14.5-hour hands-on seminar including an introduction to movement and kinetic chain evaluation in the treatment of soft tissue dysfunction, the use of FAKTR Concepts, and Rehabilitation for soft tissue remodeling.
Functional Taping for Musculoskeletal Injuries (FTMI) with Gregory H. Doerr, DC, CCSP is a 12-hour hands-on course designed to demonstrate several different taping techniques to be used on a number of musculoskeletal injuries of the spine, upper extremity, and lower extremity. Dr. Doerr has been certified in kinesiotaping, spider tech, SPRT, and has developed many of his own signature taping styles. He has over 16 years of clinical taping experience.
Listen To Episode 168 As Dr. Greg Doerr Uncovers:
- His decision to become a chiropractor and continue the family tradition.
- How his experience with sports medicine has helped him to become a better chiropractor.
- Why someone would tape in the first place and the importance of knowing what you’re doing with taping.
- How kinesiology tape helps your body align by helping improve your movement and range of motion.
- Approaching Functional Soft Tissue and how tape plays a role with it.
- What he learned from his father about the art of healing and the emotional component to recovering from a physical injury.
- The difference between allopathic medicine and its approach to helping patients compared to other types of medicine like a holistic approach.
- How you can connect the soul to movement in order to heal.
- Why science is unclear about what kinesiology tape is and how it helps because of the lack of research available.
- How to use the “If then, then that” methodology to properly use taping for healing.
- The three application methodology for applying tape: neurological, postural structure, or anti-inflammatory focus.
- Tactile taping application and how it can help improve the postural structure and position.
- The main benefits of taping for the human body: postural correction, instabilities, and neuro resetting.
- Why good posture is vital for every single body part and good health.
- How long kinesiology tape lasts for and what to do if you plan on going for a trip.
- What to do if you notice any skin irritation from taping.
- How long it takes to teach someone proper movement and posture plus how to decide if taping is right for them.
- The starting steps to go down the road of healing your body.
Power Quotes From The Show
“A lot of people are taping, but actually don’t even know what they’re doing. First of all, you need to know whether or not taping is right for the situation by following different algorithms. The initial step is deciding whether or not you have an area that’s dysfunctional.” – Dr. Greg Doerr
“I’m the hugest placebo on the planet. I’m upbeat, happy, and smiley. I have this constant high energy that would actually put a patient in a positive, emotional state. When someone can transpire that type of excitement, happiness, and energy to a patient, that patient will want to get better.” – Dr. Greg Doerr
“Since taping is a neurological stimulation, there’s no such thing as sham taping. Whether you put the tape from top to bottom, across, or on a diagonal, you’re still going to touch the same exact skin receptors. So, the significant change between somebody who’s sham taped for somebody who’s taped, it’s not going to be large enough to make taping look like a relevant form of treatment. That’s why we need better research on taping.” – Dr. Greg Doerr
“All of our injuries start with poor mechanical posture. When we talk about proper posture, everyone immediately thinks about the spine. However, every single body part needs good posture: the shoulder, the hip, the knee, foot, and ankle. All of these have their own neutral posture position and we can assist them with taping techniques.” – Dr. Greg Doerr
“We cannot eliminate stress from our lives, but we can have proper outlets for it. Television is not a proper outlet, but exercise and music are proper outlets. Ask yourself if you’re finding ways to actually relieve your stress so that you can create some kind of balance within your own brain. That is our greatest challenge; trying to find some type of homeostasis within our mental well-being.” – Dr. Greg Doerr
Links From Today’s Show:
About FAKTR of Functional Soft Tissue
- Dr. Greg Doerr
- Functional Soft Tissue
- Bergen Chiropractic and Sports Rehabilitation Center
- FAKTR – Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab
- FTMI – Scoliosis
- What Is The Graston Technique?
- What Is The Active Release Technique (ART)?
- Leukotape® K
- Dr. Phil Page
- Dr. Mike Schneider
- Dr. Kevin Jardine
- WFR 144 Greg van den Dries & Steven Capobianco of RockTape
- WFR 141 Dr. Dan Lord
- WFR 140 Chris Kresser
- WFR 139 Dr. Roger Mignosa
- WFR 137 Dr. Tim Brown
- WFR 005 Anthony Carey
About Dr. Greg Doerr
Dr. Gregory H. Doerr is a graduate of the New York Chiropractic College, in Seneca Falls, NY. He completed a certification in Chiropractic Sports Medicine in 1998 (CCSP).
Dr. Doerr lectures internationally for FAKTR and Functional Taping for Musculoskeletal Injuries and is a former lecturer for Graston Technique and The Council on Chiropractic and Extremity Procedures (CCEP). He has lectured at the US Olympic Training Center, Anglo-European Chiropractic College, English Institute of Sport, Feevale University in Brazil, University of Pittsburgh, Penn State, University of Colorado and at the Central American Sports Medicine Congress.
Dr. Doerr has had the pleasure of working with athletes from the AVP Volleyball Tour, The Gold Cup, Central American Games, Washington Redskins, Penn State and the University of Colorado.
He currently is the doctor for a semi-pro football team, club soccer team, and club volleyball team. Dr. Doerr has a growing reputation with marathon runners treating athletes from running clubs in NJ and Manhattan. He has served on the medical staff of two 19K foot climbs including Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and El Misti in Peru.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what’s up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don’t miss next week’s show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That’s what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you’d like to have to get more wellness in your life.