Ted Ryce is a 20 year Celebrity Fitness Expert, Keynote Speaker, Corporate Wellness Coach and Host of the Legendary Life Podcast
In his dynamic health and wellness career, Ted has worked with Fortune 500 CEOs, busy professionals and celebrities, including Richard Branson, Ricky Martin and Robert Downey Jr. by helping his clients develop high-performance habits that help them manage stress, adversity, and lead more successful lives.
His philosophy is that being a high-performance person, one who chases and achieves their biggest goals, isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity to survive and thrive in the modern world.
Listen to Episode 099 as Ted Uncovers
- How we can begin to take the initial steps towards sleeping, eating, and moving better amidst all of our constant distractions.
- Strength training can benefit your entire mind and body by releasing beneficial hormones.
- We can still maintain a high level of fitness and strength well into old age through sustainable training.
- What periodization is and how it can help our bodies become stronger.
- Who the best sources of health and wellness information are.
- How we can use eccentric isometric and yielding isometric exercises to help stimulate and strengthen the muscle.
- How long should we work out for? Understanding your body type is key to selecting what workouts to do and for how long you should be doing them. Some different body types include endomorph, ectomorph, and mesomorph.
- Implement habit change with nutrition and movement to help you turn your health around.
- How we all have a “fat thermostat” that affects our hormones and influences our emotional state. Changing habits will be better for our emotions compared to crash diets.
- Avoid decision fatigue and plan to eat healthy while avoiding sugary snacks.
- To sleep better, pay attention to the quality of your sleep: track your sleeping habits, stay away from electronic devices, lower the temperature in your bedroom, use devices or apps to help if necessary, and learn to balance your exercise routine.
- Sleep quality usually depends on light, noise, temperature, and sound so make sure you create the best sleeping environment for your needs.
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- We need to get in touch with what our bodies are telling us. No one truly knows our bodies better than we do ourselves and we’re the only ones that can fix any problems that we have. To become healthier, we need to start listening to our bodies and making healthy changes that are in accordance with our limits.
- With so much constant information available to us, it’s hard to know who you can trust. Seek out the right health tips and guidance from people who are constantly evolving and willing to change their philosophies. They’re willing to experiment and learn by trying new diets, exercise, and wellness technology.
- To achieve sustainable health, focus on movement, sleep, and nutrition. To stay strong, fit, and active, muscle stimulation will help you become stronger and healthy. Sleep is so important for our bodies and we need it to be able to function. If you’re not sleeping enough to restore your lost energy, you should take a look at your nighttime ritual and see if you can improve it.
Power Quotes From Ted Ryce
“You’ve gotta set yourself up for success because willpower won’t get you there.” – Ted Ryce
“We are ancient bodies in a modern world. We have hunter-gatherer genes. We are designed to hunt for our foods, to be outside, to get sun in our skin. We’re now really out of sync with where we came from.” – Ted Ryce on how we live today compared to our ancestors.
“If wake up in the morning and you don’t feel good, you’re fatigued, and then you’ve got brain fog, you’ve gotta look at your lifestyle and you’ve gotta learn the rules of the human body. There’s no psychologist that’s going to fix that. There’s no medication you’ll be able to take that’ll be able to fix your problem if you’re living too out of sync with what your genes need to function optimally.” – Ted Ryce on why we should focus on listening to our bodies for optimal health.
“I want everyone listening to understand that you can maintain a high level of fitness, strong muscles, and a healthy body well into old age.” – Ted Ryce on why sustainable health is attainable
“You have to pay attention to your body and yes, you have to work, but pushing too hard is what we call over-reaching because you should never push so long that it turns into over-training. If you’re over-reaching to the point that it’s affecting your sleep, that shouldn’t be done for no more than a week.” – Ted Ryce on how much we should exercise so that we can still sleep well at night
“You gotta know your limits and you gotta understand these physiological processes that are trying to push your behavior in certain ways. You gotta do things for you that can become a lifestyle. When you do that, everything becomes easier.” – Ted Ryce on why changing habits can turn around our lives for the better
“We are not designed to go without sleep. It has a high cost and if you’re struggling to get going, you better start looking into your nighttime ritual.” – Ted Ryce on the importance of sleep
“There is a solution to every problem. It may not be the solution that you want, it may not be the solution that you were hoping for, but there is a solution to every single problem. And in a world where we have so much access to information and there’s 7 billion people on this planet, you are not alone and someone has figured it out. The solution is out there; never give up and never stop searching.” – Ted Ryce’s mantra for when he’s going through a difficult time.
Start Living a Legendary Life Today!
Go to legendarylifepodcast.com/free to get access to Ted’s free video series, Eat Move Sleep!
Resources Mentioned by Ted & Josh
- Visit the official Legendary Life Podcast with Ted Ryce
- Learn about Legendary Life Coaching
- Help keep children safe with The Jimmy Ryce Center today
- Listen to the other WFR podcast episode with Ted Ryce: Your Guide to Live a Legendary Life – Episode 049
- Check out Ted Ryce on the Order of Man podcast episode 071: Sleep Done Right with Ted Ryce
- Get a better night’s rest with all of these sources from the Legendary Life on Sleep
- Listen to WFR Episode 012 with Dan Pardi: Living a Healthy Lifestyle in a Modern World
- Check out WFR Episode 088 with Dan Pardi: Finding the Health You’re Looking For
- Track and improve your sleep with the following wellness technology:
- Check out Robb Wolf’s work on health and wellness
- Find out more about Dr. Stephen Guyenet and his latest book, The Hungry Brain
- Defining Powerhouse Fruits and Vegetables: A Nutrient Density Approach Jennifer Di Noia for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Learn more about Periodization with the following sources:
- Check out the Ted Talk with Simon Sinek: Start With Why
- Discover who Joseph Campbell was
- Watch Be The Change by Leo Malik on Kickstarter
- Read books by Jim Rohn
- Read The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson and John David Mann
- Watch Nicholas Christakis: The Hidden Influence of Social Networks from TED Talks
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Aloha! Josh here. Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how these episodes can allow you to break bad habits)
Thanks To Our Amazing Sponsor
Want to avoid more trips to the store and save hundreds of dollars a year on superfood supplements?
Check out Perfect Supplements.com
Go to perfectsupplements.com/wellnessforce to get your grass-fed collagen from today’s show and sign up for a free membership, plus get 10% off your entire order – just enter promo code “wellnessforce” at checkout.
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal:Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don’t miss next week’s show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That’s what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you’d like to have to get more wellness in your life.